Boothwyn, PA - October 15, 2018
Nielsen-Kellerman Launching New Products that Offer Enhanced Training and Communication Capabilities for Coaches and Athletes
Two New CoxBox models and LiNK Logbook Cloud Platform headline 2018 Head of the Charles Regatta
At this year’s Head of the Charles Regatta, Nielsen-Kellerman Company will introduce three new products designed to improve the performances of coaches and athletes throughout the rowing community.
For coxswains, NK brings two innovative new CoxBox® models to serve as the audio and digital nerve center for your crew. CoxBox Core™ retains the main functions that coxswains have come to rely on, and packs them into a more powerful, durable, and effective form. The CoxBox Core features a host of innovations including:
- New integrated high-capacity battery provides over four times the battery life of the current CoxBox (10+ hours) and recharges in four hours with the new high-speed charger yet remains compatible with existing chargers.
- SurgeRate™ eliminates the need for a seat switch and magnet
- The all-new Monoblock™ connector port relocates microphone, speaker, and data connectors away from the face of the unit, limiting damage from bending and providing improved access, cord management and visibility as well as field serviceability.
- Stablesocket™ design seals the critical connection points in a reinforced, one-piece module which prevents rotation and bending of the connector plugs, protecting the plugs and internal sockets from damage even with years of hard-use.
- A completely sealed keypad overlaid on an integrated faceplate and window greatly improves the front-panel strength and reduces the potential for water entry.
- Dedicated, clearly-labeled function keys provide a fast, intuitive user interface.
- The familiar SpeedCoach® style display features large, high-contrast digits as well as helpful how-to hints and icons.
- Built-in future-proof upgradeability to CoxBox GPS™.
CoxBox GPS™ combines the most popular features of our world-class SpeedCoach GPS and integrates those capabilities directly into the new CoxBox architecture. In addition to all the features and benefits of our CoxBox Core unit, CoxBox GPS includes such popular features such as GPS based speed and distance, real-time and cumulative splits, distance per stroke, EmPower Oarlock management and data display, LiveLiNK™ and LiNK Logbook compatibility, and more.
The third product launching at HOCR is NK LiNK Logbook™, a new cloud-based way to view, analyze, store and share your on-water workouts. More than an App, this digital platform provides a bridge to connect your SpeedCoach GPS, CoxBox GPS, and EmPower Oarlock to a suite of tools to help you get the most out of your workouts. With three different levels of LINK Logbook, you can select whatever account type fits your needs and budget: Link Logbook Individual Basic (Free, available 10/20), Link Logbook Individual Pro (coming January 2019) and Link Logbook Team (coming Spring 2019).
Individual BASIC ($0, Free)
- Upload sessions and review individual performance stats, including all EmPower Oarlock data
- Conduct detailed analysis of all portions of any recorded workout- from a series of intervals to stroke-by-stroke breakdown of drills, scrimmages, races, etc.
- Expanded feature set coming 2019.
All three products will be on display for demonstration and we invite everyone to come visit our tent to sign up for a free LiNK Logbook account and to test-drive the new CoxBox offerings.
For 40 years, Nielsen-Kellerman has been known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing, and audio systems for competitive rowers and other water sport athletes. Every NK product is designed, developed, built, tested and supported entirely in the USA using advanced Lean manufacturing systems. NK is proud to be pushing the boundaries of technology enhancement of traditional sports. For more information, visit www.nksports.com.
Back to Press Releases