Boothwyn, PA - April 26, 2019
KESTREL BALLISTICS & HORNADY® JOIN FORCES TO LAUNCH NEW BALLISTICS WEATHER METER WITH 4DOF® SOLVER
New advanced handheld meter for long-range hunters and shooters offers next-level accuracy for first-round hits at extended ranges
BOOTHWYN, PA – April 23, 2019 Kestrel Ballistics, the leading brand in rugged American-built weather meters and long-range shooting accessories, has partnered with Hornady, premier manufacturer of bullets, ammunition, reloading tools and more, to launch an all new advanced ballistics weather meter for hunters and shooters. The Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with Hornady 4DOF will debut at the 2019 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Indianapolis and be available to pre-order online. Visit the Hornady booth #5251 on Friday, April 25 at 12PM EDT to witness the unveiling of the all-new Kestrel 5700 with 4DOF($499) and learn about how this unit can help shooters achieve first-round hits at nearly any distance.
Combining reliable onsite environmental measurements with precise Hornady 4DOF trajectory solutions – this all-in-one, compact unit is fully functional as a complete, durable tool for long-range precision shooting. The integrated Hornady 4DOF Ballistic engine provides trajectory solutions based on projectile Drag Coefficient along with the exact physical modeling of the projectile and its mass and aerodynamic properties. Coupled with features like zero angle and aerodynamic jump calculation it is ideal for long-range calculations. Leave the phone behind, and forget about apps – now hunters and shooters can focus on the shot, without the distraction of fumbling with a phone in the field. Accounting for all environmental and ballistic variables that affects bullet trajectory over distance, the Kestrel with integrated 4DOF solver quickly and accurately delivers dead-on aiming solutions for any rifle or round.
- Accurate Environmentals – Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, altitude, and more
- G1/G7 Ballistics Solver – Large library of independently tested bullet data
- User-Friendly – Easy operation for outdoor use with large buttons for navigating screens and entering information along with bright, clear backlit display readable in direct sunlight or low light situations
- Rugged, All-Weather Durability -- IP-67 Waterproof, MIL-STD-810 drop-tested, and backed by a 5-Year Warranty
- Long-lasting Power - Powered by 1 AA Lithium battery, expect hundreds of hours of use from a reliable tool that won’t quit when you need it most
- Load & Go Convenience – Set up a Gun Profile via the free Kestrel LiNK app, then the Kestrel unit is field-ready allowing users to calculate trajectories under any conditions, even in areas without cellular service
To preorder and for additional information on the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with Hornady 4DOF, please visit HornadyKestrel.com.
Kestrel Instruments & Ballistics Meters are designed, built and tested in the USA by parent company, Nielsen-Kellerman. Renowned for their accuracy and reliability, Kestrel meters and data loggers are the preferred tool for environmental monitoring by professionals in firefighting, military, meteorology, athletic heat stress management, and other demanding markets. Employed by thousands of users in hundreds of challenging activities around the world, all Kestrel meters are compact, rugged, IP-67 waterproof, MIL-STD-810G drop-tested and backed by an industry-leading five-year warranty. For more information about Kestrel Ballistics, visit www.KestrelBallistics.com.
Founded in 1949, Hornady Manufacturing Company is a family owned business headquartered in Grand Island, Nebraska. Proudly manufacturing products that are made in the USA, Hornady Manufacturing is a world leader in bullet, ammunition, reloading tool and accessory design and manufacturer. For more information, visit Hornady.com.
Back to Press Releases