Boothwyn, PA - February 1, 2020
KESTREL INSTRUMENTS ANNOUNCES NEW CAPABILITIES AVAILABLE IN THE KESTREL 5200's EVAPORATION RATE CALCULATOR TO HELP CONTRACTORS PREVENT CONCRETE CRACKING AND IMPROVE RESULTS
Kestrel Instruments, a Nielsen-Kellerman® brand, will offer a preview of the new capabilities of the Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter's evaporation rate calculator at World of Concrete in Las Vegas, Feb.4–7. The new Target Evaporation Rate Solver displays the level of cracking risk based on current conditions and shows which environmental factors may require adjustments in order to prevent plastic shrinkage cracking. Visit the Kestrel booth (#N1766) to learn more about how this jobsite environmental monitoring tool helps contractors prevent surface cracking, save money, and improve placement results.
Ambient weather conditions during concrete placement and finishing can increase the risk of undesirable and costly plastic shrinkage cracking. Knowing the correct rate of evaporation and planning accordingly before pouring is vital for ensuring successful slab curing during both hot and cold weather conditions.With reliable real-time environmental monitoring of jobsite conditions along with accurate predictive calculations, the Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter with LiNK® Bluetooth Low Energy Technology ($329) helps contractors know when to take steps to minimize the risk by adjusting the mix or utilizing protective measures.
The Kestrel Concrete Pro Jobsite Weather Kit provides a hands-free, compact, and comprehensive data-logging and monitoring system that assembles to capture readings at the ACI recommended height of 20 inches above concrete. The kit includes:
- 5200 Professional Environmental Meter with LiNK
- Rotating Vane Mount
- Portable Mini Tripod with Extension Rod
- Durable, Weatherproof Protective Carry Case
The Kestrel 5200 Professional Environmental Meter measures and records all site-specific weather conditions that can negatively impact concrete work.
- Built-in Evaporation Rate Calculator: Automatic calculations based on the American Concrete Institute's nomograph--no charts or guesswork involved. Quickly view accurate readings, cracking risk level (Low, Medium, High) and use the Target Evaporation Rate adjustable settings to determine if precautionary steps are needed to prevent cracking.
- LiNK Wireless Connectivity& Data-Logging: Documentation is hassle-free and fool-proof – the 5200 does the work for you by capturing jobsite conditions over the length of the project with data logs available for sharing or exporting job reports to demonstrate compliance via the free Kestrel LiNK app.
- Extremely Rugged and Durable: Lightweight, rugged, IP67 waterproof and dustproof, drop-tested to military standards (MIL-STD-810G), and runs on a single AA battery for months of operation.
About Kestrel Instruments
Kestrel Instruments are designed, developed, built, tested and supported entirely in the USA by Nielsen-Kellerman. Employed by thousands of users in hundreds of demanding activities around the world, every Kestrel meter is pocket-sized, rugged, accurate, waterproof, easy-to-use and backed by an industry-leading five-year warranty. For more information about Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters, visit kestrelinstruments.com.
Back to Press Releases